Monday, November 24, 2008

Deck the Halls and Dodging of the balls


This week I got to help out at a really awesome event at church, the Women's Christmas Dessert night. We got to dress up in black and white, and were given "tuxedo" aprons to complete the look! Jordana, Phil, and Erin and I acted as servers for the night, serving desserts, tea, cider and coffee to well over a hundred middle aged women, it was sweet. The church was decorated festively with coniferous and poinsettia plants galore! There was a choir, crafts, a drama, and a speaker, and over all it was just a good time for everyone to converse with each other and have a relaxing evening. On Friday at youth group we went to a local school gym and played one of my all times favorite games EVER... DODGE BALL! With only 3 balls, and a crazy bunch of hyper kids we managed to pull it off with success. It was good to be in a relaxing environment again where there isn't always so much planned. I was able to get to know the kids a bit better this week. I am finding that I definitely need to make sure I am well rested before I go to these events every Friday, because it really does effect my attitude and how I associate with people. I was really tired that night and I found I had trouble keeping my focus on all the kids around me, and keeping my interest level at its highest. I met some new girls though and with the brief little time periods I could steal with them throughout the night I managed to make some new friends. I really want to be open and transparent with these kids... pray for this.

No comments: