
so This week at youth was the produce party! Everyone had to bring one fruit or vegetable that resembled them in some fashion. It made for great conversation in our connect groups. I brought a mushroom! Throughout the night we played a bunch of games incorporating produce just to add to the randomness of the night. Near the end we had a photo scavenger hunt where each team was given a giant squash that they had to run around with and include in every photo. The kids loved it. We also had a previous youth leader named Devon, who talked to the kids about safe driving once they get their learners licenses, and shared his personal testimony on the subject. It was very impacting and certainly got the message across. One thing that was announced that night that pretty much shocked the whole youth group was that one of the youth leader's Sandra, who pretty much heads up the 7 and 8's extreme group was leaving at the end of December. I have been leading a connect group with her since the beginning and after he is gone I will be leading it on my own. She is very sad to leave since she has been going to New Life for 26 years and involved in the youth group for 16 years. She has no idea where they are going to go, but her and her husband feel that God is not calling them to this church anymore. I was pretty inspired by her evident devotion and trust in God's faithfulness to drop this ministry she loves and step out into the unknown to where ever God directs. One thing I know for certain, she will be missed.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment