
This Friday to celebrate Halloween my church decided to host an event in the church parking lot called, "Trunk or Treat". Members of the church brought their cars and decorated the trunks festively with treats inside! This atmosphere kind of gave the kids a more safer environment as opposed to trick or treating in the communities. I think over all it was a success. A lot of kids showed up and their were many cars decorated with all different sorts of themes. One thing I noticed that was pretty cool was that their was an abnormal number of native kids that came around during the night, which is awesome cuz normally not many of them go to youth group, and I know that New Life has a particular passion to reach out to that specific people group. God is good. I also got the opportunity to talk to a few pastors from Kenya that are currently speaking at New Life for a few Sundays. They were extremely friendly, and I thought it was hilarious how one of them couldn't get over how on Halloween people buy candy and just freely give it out to children. We can so easily take so many simple things for granted. Him saying that served as a good reminder to me that not every place in the world is blessed to have the kind of freedoms that we have, and because of that we should be thankful. God is gracious.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment