Monday, October 6, 2008

Games Games and More Games!

This week after some thought and prayer I made the decision to switch out of leading Oxygen (Gr. 9-11) and into Extreme (Gr. 8 and 9). I feel that this would work out better long term considering I plan on attending this church indefinitely. It would give me a chance to get to know the younger group and grow with them as time goes on. So I plunged into the Extreme this week and we played a ton of ice breaker games to get to know each other. Right away I felt right at home with all of the energy and young excitement that was packed in that room. The kids are great and I look forward to getting to know them as the year progresses. Names are going to be tricky for me but I hope that being in a connect group will be able to assist me in that. This week I got to lead a devotional in my connect group a long side one of the other major youth leader's Sandra. It was an awesome night. To top it all off I ran into one of my campers from this summer at the end of the night and we chatted about how her summer went and how she was doing now. Hopefully she will be able to start coming to Extreme in the future if her schedule allows for it. So Yah... this week was great!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss you. And I love you. I both miss you and love you.

-Jeremy