me I learned from youth group called Horse, night, and rider. The kids loved it. I must say that kids that age have an extremely hard time listening and paying attention, but none the less I still love their craziness. Sometimes its hard to keep up with them but I love the life and excitement in them, and after a certain amount of games it is possible to quite them down for a few minutes to be in our connect groups. My connect group was awesome and I am slowly learning some names and more about them. One thing we always do in my group is prayer requests and I find it amazing when it comes to praying for each other that my group is always all over it and they are willing to step outside of their comfort zone to lift one of their friends up. I love it!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Stone Soup!
So this week was my second week with the Extreme group. Each youth was asked to bring an ingredient and we put them all together to make one delicious soup! It was a fun night. We had to rotate the kids in groups to be in the kitchen because it would have been a nightmare trying to fit all of them in at once. While the other groups were waiting for their turn to make soup we played some games in the chapel, like human memory. Its basically just like a normal memory match up game with cards or what not but in this game you pair up with a partner and form one sound between the two of you and then everyone spreads out in the room and sits down while two people are picked to match up all the pairs. Eventually that game got boring though and we could tell that the kids were getting a little antsy so we decided to try out a new game called circle soccer. That was a crazy game! the ball went flying everywhere and lets just say one of the church ceiling lights may or may not have a shell on it anymore. We were running out of games so I pulled out an old ga
me I learned from youth group called Horse, night, and rider. The kids loved it. I must say that kids that age have an extremely hard time listening and paying attention, but none the less I still love their craziness. Sometimes its hard to keep up with them but I love the life and excitement in them, and after a certain amount of games it is possible to quite them down for a few minutes to be in our connect groups. My connect group was awesome and I am slowly learning some names and more about them. One thing we always do in my group is prayer requests and I find it amazing when it comes to praying for each other that my group is always all over it and they are willing to step outside of their comfort zone to lift one of their friends up. I love it!
me I learned from youth group called Horse, night, and rider. The kids loved it. I must say that kids that age have an extremely hard time listening and paying attention, but none the less I still love their craziness. Sometimes its hard to keep up with them but I love the life and excitement in them, and after a certain amount of games it is possible to quite them down for a few minutes to be in our connect groups. My connect group was awesome and I am slowly learning some names and more about them. One thing we always do in my group is prayer requests and I find it amazing when it comes to praying for each other that my group is always all over it and they are willing to step outside of their comfort zone to lift one of their friends up. I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment