This week was the second hunger we've had in the year. It was a really neat night. Apparently they designed this hunger to be sort of a new "hunger" in which it was structured differently from the previous ones. For example, the music they played was all contemporary stuff you would hear on the radio like U2 or Cold Play, as opposed to regular church worship music. The message was structured differently too. Instead of the pastor walking up on stage and preaching for half an hour they designed it to resemble more of an interview atmosphere with table and chairs props. I think the reason they did this was to attract more kids who arent regular church-goers. I thought that it worked well, and the kids were entertained, but it was also hard to keep their attention. It was nice to see some friendly faces of some kids I haven't seen in a couple of weeks though. One of my campers came that night and she didn't really come with anyone so we just hung out together the whole night. It was awesome. I'm struggling a bit to get know better the extreme group, but Im sure that will improve as times goes on, I just need to be patient. This next Friday I will be counseling all weekend for the Juniors retreat being held at Camp Qwanoes so I wont be at youth group for that week. I cant wait!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Hunger
This week was the second hunger we've had in the year. It was a really neat night. Apparently they designed this hunger to be sort of a new "hunger" in which it was structured differently from the previous ones. For example, the music they played was all contemporary stuff you would hear on the radio like U2 or Cold Play, as opposed to regular church worship music. The message was structured differently too. Instead of the pastor walking up on stage and preaching for half an hour they designed it to resemble more of an interview atmosphere with table and chairs props. I think the reason they did this was to attract more kids who arent regular church-goers. I thought that it worked well, and the kids were entertained, but it was also hard to keep their attention. It was nice to see some friendly faces of some kids I haven't seen in a couple of weeks though. One of my campers came that night and she didn't really come with anyone so we just hung out together the whole night. It was awesome. I'm struggling a bit to get know better the extreme group, but Im sure that will improve as times goes on, I just need to be patient. This next Friday I will be counseling all weekend for the Juniors retreat being held at Camp Qwanoes so I wont be at youth group for that week. I cant wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment