Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A princess becomes a bride to be!



This week was a jam packed week full of a lot of craziness. On Thursday night we had a guys and girls night where the girls went to the guest house for a sleep over and the guys stayed at the camp and made a giant fort to sleep in the bottom floor of Pacific Woods Lodge. It was by far probably the best guys/girls night this year. It was just so relaxed and we didn't have a lot of activities scheduled so we were able to just chill and have a good time. We ended up playing some pretty awesome games including truth or dare (thats all I'm saying about that game ;) It was a really enjoyable night and in the morning we met up with the guys at the White Spot for breakfast. I can really feel the close relationship between us girls building more and more as time goes on, and I am so thankful for it.




Friday night for youth group it was the leader's job to plan the night spending time with each of our connect groups. For my connect group I decided to put on a theater style movie night with freshly popped pop corn. We ended up watching the Princess Bride (I figured the younger generations needed to be educated in this classic movie because most of them have never seen it before) and they really liked it. It was a really relaxing night for all of us I think. Many kids didn't come because of school commitments so we didn't have a very big group but having a small group for a change certainly wasn't an awful change. I was also reminded this week that after Kaleo is over I would be the only one out of Kaleo still involved in the youth group. Tammy the Youth Pastor gave me the option of staying or ducking out with the rest of the Kaleos but I really feel that I should stay. I figure that when I committed to that youth group that it meant till the end of the year, despite when Kaleo ends, so I'm determined to follow through with it, even if my connect group ends up taking on 30 more kids! haha. I think next year I might get involved in Children's ministries for a change, because I still don't know which area I am better in. I have been trying to figure that out for years and I still don't know! Also this weekend a very special room mate of mine got engaged on Valentines day! I totally knew it was coming and I am very excited and happy for her! Congrats Shannon!

No comments: