
Wow....
that is all I have to say. This... week.. has been... the most stressful week of my entire "Kaleo Experience". My staple food switched over to red bulls to keep me somewhat alive through it all, if not to preserve a morsel of my sanity. We had a class this week on the Pentateuch, or Old Testament Literature. It was a really great class despite the length of it every day. We would be in a the lecture from 9 in the morning till 4:30 in the afternoon, and then from then till supper we had a meetings for the special project assigned to us at the beginning of the week to complete on top of everything else. This special project required us to make in 4 days a video presentation of the entire old testament. Somehow we managed to pull it off though. On top of class and that project there was a lot going on at night from India prayer meetings, work outs, and other youth groups which made it very hard for all of us to get things done.
To top this week off it was the New Life Kaleo's turn to plan and run our youth group on Friday night. This was by far the most stressful part of the week. We were able to make a plan and get all the supplies in time to make the night happen. It wasn't easy though. We had to work with the entire youth group ( approx 100 kids) in a very small tiny gym so we decided the best plan was to do an olympic style theme with teams and competition games. We tried to be creative and the kids seemed to really enjoy them for the most part. Our youth pastor Tammy thought we did a great job so that is good enough for me. I still wish somehow God could be more a part of those nights and it not just be about games and themes. I'm used to going to youth groups with bible studies and I can't say this youth group really plans any. Next week we have connect group night where I get to spend the entire evening with my group, I am excited for that, even though I'm not completely sure what to do, I know that God will guide :)
Picture: Eric Johnson as "Noah" in our Old Testament Movie
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment