

This past week all of us Kaleos went on a five day trip to Mt. Washington a couple hours north of Nanaimo. We stayed in a chalet (cabin/lodge) that we had all to ourselves and spent the entire week marking up the mountain slopes with our snowboards and skis. It was a very good week. Our schedule every day was relatively relaxed, mainly consisting of eating, sleeping, snow boardng, and a nightly chapel. I really enjoyed the chapels that we had at night. At the beginning of the year during our S.A.L.T.S sailing trip we gave each other names for us to grow into or that reflected us, and this week we spent our chapel times discussing our thoughts on these names and we renamed a few of us as well. My name given to me was "Broken" because of my past as well as my future. I believe that God wants to break me in really good ways this year. It was so nice to be back on the hills and snowboarding this week. I tried some new things like the terrain park and some jumps and rails and stuff. No broken bones on my part but there were a lot of injuries of others within the first two days or our trip . In total we had two broken wrists, one concussion and a sliced pinky finger! I believe that everyone had a good time though, despite some that had to spend all their time in the lodge. Over all it was just a very laid back and fun refeshing trip. I love the snow!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment