It was great to meet so many new people there and I am super excited to get to know them better as time goes on. This year I will be working with the older group called "Oxygen" consisting of the kids in Grade. 9,10,11, and 12. It's a little intimidating to be working with the "older" kids who are only like 1 or 2 years younger than I am
but I feel that God is leading me this direction especially considering I have a passion to work with this age group in the future.During the service we were introduced as leaders and put into "connect" groups consisting of around 10 to 12 teens in each group. I am leading a group along side my Kaleo peer Miranda. She and I will be connecting with a group of girls each week and checking up on how they are doing and just getting to know them better in general. Our group is very diverse but I am looking forward to how we are all going to impact each other and hopefully become better friends as times goes on.
God is teaching me a lot on what it means to be a leader, especially when it comes to high school aged girls. So far he has guided me and answered my prayers concerning where in the church I should be involved in and I'm confident that he will guide me through this next year when it comes to being a light for these girls and this youth group. My Kaleo buddies that also go to New Life have been such a great support for me so far and we are all there for each other in all of our different ministries that we're involved in.
I have a good feeling that this is going to be an awesome year...
.jpg)

1 comment:
Hey Kristy!
It is good to hear how things are going! What a challenging demographic to lead! Although you would be at the top of my list for leaders that possess the talent and gift to do it. You have a great amount of God-given talent for connecting with people and you have the heart that shows people you are genuine.
I look forward to hearing more about your year, and I also look forward to visiting you and your parents some time this year!
Give Jeremy a big punch in the stomach for me... thanks.
Stay Cool
Brammer
Post a Comment